The goal of the BIOCELL project is to demonstrate the feasibility and economic viability of energy production from biogas via both PEMFC and SOFC fuel cells adapted to WWTP, and develop the adequate tools for its industrial implementation and the assessment of its environmental impact.
- Operation and optimisation of pilot plants energy production on WWTP from biogas via PEMFC and SOFC fuel cells.
- Recommendations on choice, implementation, operation and optimization of energy production from biogas via fuel cells adapted to WWTP.
- Assessment of energy, economic and environmental balance of WWTP using biogas recycling via fuel cells.
- Assessment of the application field of fuel cells on WWTP.
- The BIOCELL budget is 2,4 million euros.
- The duration of the project is expected for three years.
START DATE: 01/01/2009
END DATE: 30/06/2012